Every time I find myself in a dilemma I always hear my Dad’s words surfacing from the far reaches of my memory; as far back as I can remember and still, to this, day, he’s been there to offer me real advice–never one for dramatics–just straight to the point, from his own life experiences, and from his heart. I swear by his advice. He’s never led me astray. He’s the best man I know and the most loving father.
I jotted a few down that really stuck with me, all simple yet earnest:
1. Be your own person and think for yourself
2. Never take the easy way out. You learn nothing from “easy” fixes.
3. Be considerate of other people; your personal choices should never affect people in a negative way.
4. Travel. See the world; that’s when you learn the most about yourself.
5. Never depend on a man; have your own money, have your own things.
6. When you find good people, hold on to them.
7. Fix it or shut up.
8. Don’t lie.
9. It’s OK to make mistakes, learn from them and do your best to not repeat them.
10. You can do whatever you want as long as you put your mind to it.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY, DAD. I LOVE YOU.